Chill LoveFTSO for trying to sell their algorithm

Discord handle Oliver.C#7050 owns LoveFTSO
Proof:
https://imgur.com/a/nScwQtZ
https://discord.com/channels/743422808499028049/834719894079275008/1063722090177507388

The same user is part of the group that contacts established data providers to sell their algorithm
Proof:
https://imgur.com/qNSwOSh

29 Likes

I for one support this motion. It feels its the most eye opening of all the cases.
Its also pretty telling that after the screenshot came up on the discord server Mr. Oliver C (Also known as Danny, former COO of another provider) stopped responding and disappeared.
Everyone should read his post as well and especially the commits part because this will also come up in a future request.

8 Likes

I also strongly support this and any other similar motions. Selling algos is one of the worst dangers to the FTSO system. Not only does it give a lot of rewards to a small group of individuals who dont care about the networks health, it also makes it harder for newcomers to join.

I think a lot of people think providing data is easy, but when they try and be competitive they will see their reward rate is quite low, which makes it very tempting when such shared algos are presented.

9 Likes

I agree with this attempt to chill LoveFTSO.
One of the motives behind offering his algo to others would be to amass large vote power to his signal which is an attempt to game the vote power system. There is a cap on vote power, attempting to use the same algo on multiple providers is an attempt to boost their prices more than the vote power cap allows.

8 Likes

Thanks for this @nortso, I fully support it.
All arguments have already been provided.
This behavior shouldn’t be tolerated any longer.
:100: go for me.

9 Likes

I fully support this chill proposal. Shopping around a common algorithm is a clear infraction.

A common algorithm used by many data providers has clear potential to harm the system in multiple ways.

The Oracle must be competitive. Once a similar algorithm is shopped around to enough providers the competitive nature of the oracle shifts to the select few who sell the shared algorithm.

8 Likes

Support this 100% based on above.

6 Likes

Given the information provided I am in support of chilling LoveFTSO.

5 Likes

I support this chill.

4 Likes

Having been approached by this group, I support chilling as well. Algo sharing is unacceptable in this system.

Also, first post! Cheers :clinking_glasses:

6 Likes

Based on a number of private communications with various FTSOs with screenshot proofs, I also support this chill

4 Likes

We support this, so little to add. Pretty clear bad actors.

6 Likes

I fully support this proposal. Algo sharing is inadmissible…:pray:

5 Likes

I fully support the proposal. Nothing to add more, the problem is long time ongoing and needs to be finally dealt with.

6 Likes

I fully support this proposal, for the same reasons others have mentioned.

5 Likes

I fully support this proposal

3 Likes

We are in full support of this proposal.

3 Likes

We support this proposal as well .

3 Likes

We support this :+1:

4 Likes

I support this should be chilled

3 Likes